You have to be the change to bring the change.
Our content is reader-supported. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links.
A Commendable Collection of 25 Quality Canine Quips
Invariably only of use in a very niche comedic application, dog puns are veritably a paws-itive addition to your arsenal of cheap jokes. Either that or you find yourself in negotiation with a group of doggy witches that only understand species-specific wordplay.
Whether you’re aiming to indulge in a convenient conversation with a cunning canine coven, or are merely eager on impressing prospective fur-iends, these puns sure are a comedian’s best friend.
The Best Dog Puns You’re Going to Find
Having a bone to pick with the comedic spotlight isn’t easy when all you’ve got in your flash-cards are puns, but sometimes that’s just the way the dog-treat crumbles. They’re not everyone’s cup of kibble, but in a pinch these puns are sure to prove that you certainly are more bite than bark, and might even earn you more than a scratch behind the ears, because sometimes that’s all you need when the going gets ruff.
- What do you call a Dachsund that needs to sit in the shade? A Hot Dog.
- What’s a dog’s favourite fall drink? Pug-kin Spice Latte.
- Where do dogs like to surf? Collie-fornia.
- What do you call a locksmith dog? A Corg-key.
- What do you call a cold dog? A Pup-sicle.
- What’s a dog’s favourite action flick? Jurassic Bark.
- Where do dogs go when they lose their tails? The Re-Tail store.
- Why are dogs a shingler’s best friend? They help with the woof.
- Where do bachelor dogs go on a Saturday night? A House Paw-ty.
- Which dog band was all the rage in the 70’s? The Beagles.
- Why did the police come to the late-night puppy party? Their sub-woof-ers were too loud.
- What did the dog write after conducting an experiment? A Lab Report.
- What do you call dogs that chase celebrities with cameras? The Pup-arazzi.
- Why did the dog need a change of clothes after going out in the rain? He had stepped in a poodle.
- What’s the most availed sale at the pet store? Buy one dog, get one flea.
- Which dog is Dracula’s best friend? A Bloodhound.
- What magazine do you find under a pubescent dog’s bed? Vanity Fur.
- What’s a dog’s favourite Pink Floyd album? Bark Side of The Moon.
- What breed is Odin’s pet dog? A Labra-Thor.
- Why did the dog get rejected? He was hounding the lady for treats.
- Why do criminal Dalmatians hide in the shadows? In case they’re spotted.
- What happened to the dog who gave birth on the side of the road? She was ticketed for littering.
- Why did the dog-owner’s throw out their mattresses? They had bed-Pugs.
- How do Hispanic dogs wish each other a Merry Christmas? “For-Leash Navidad”.
- How do you let a dog know you don’t believe it? By calling bull-Shih Tzu
Who Let The Puns Out
Albeit sufficient to warrant a lengthy groan (grrroan?) from any and all who are subject to this infernal collection of doggy puns, there is much ruff-ticity to be found in a good, simple wordplay to cure your melan-collie, and we can be thankful for the existence of such rebarkable humour. For even, the most far-fetched of these terrier-ble puns are worthy of some ap-paws-se.
For laughter, in the end, is the ulti-mutt medicine.